The Better Rehab team attended this year’s SOLD OUT Festival of Inclusion at University of Sydney.
Our team included:
- Revathy, physiotherapist
- Hannah, occupational therapist
- Cat, speech pathologist
- Mel, NSW clinical lead
- Tracey, client relationship officer
Tracey shares her experience:
I had 2 valuable days of interaction and learning at the Festival of Inclusion!
This year’s fest a celebrated and investigated the very best of what is currently happening in the area of inclusion for people with disability across all areas of Australian society.
The Festival aims to:
- Provide people with disabilities with skills and knowledge that will support them to increase their choice of mainstream activities.
- Showcase inclusive activities and inclusive strategies for people with disabilities, family members, carers, supporters, service providers (both disability and mainstream), and the general public.
- Share knowledge and experience between people with and without disabilities, families, service providers, the corporate, commercial, industry, leisure, recreational and sports worlds to generate a fresh vision of a more inclusive society for all people.
I enjoyed the many workshop experiences—from dancing to drama, sports and even a virtual reality experience!
Check out this video of Better Rehab physio Revathy testing out a Virtual Reality headset to pick up and throw a paper plane:
We also had the pleasure of watching a wheelchair basketball game.
And it was great to meet my Sandra Alves, Pathway Officer at Achieve Australia—one of the festival sponsors. The best thing about the field of allied health is the community.
If you are looking for a therapist for yourself, your client or your family member, or if you have any questions at all, please reach out to our friendly team!
Call us :: 1300 073 422
Email us :: email@example.com